Boardroom Behaviours – Future Proof Your Board
Our observations and experience of working with organisations and their leaders has highlighted a number of common themes that Boards are likely to be facing now and in the future:
- Risk Management: (heightened after recent cyber-attacks)
- Governance: (brought into focus by the recent Parliamentary Committee work in Scotland and the alleged ill-treatment of Board Members)
- Performance Review: consideration of performance against targets, both across the business and in specific functions
- Health: the financial and service effectiveness and efficiency of the business, as well as the contribution made by people
- Vision and Strategy: review and alignment of the aspirations for the organisation and high-level steps required to achieve them and identification of the resources needed to succeed.
We have created Boardroom Behaviours, a pioneering new approach to board development, to improve the capacity of Boards and how they run their organisations across a range of critical challenges. We have worked extensively with Boards and their members to support their ambitions and help shape their ideas for growth
There are 4 main stages to the approach:
- Meet with the Chair &/or CEO to understand the issues, explain the process and plan the review programme.
- Introduce the diagnostic tools and materials to support Board Members. Analyse outputs and feed back key findings (individual and group) in advance of the next Board session.
- Review and observe the Board meeting, making detailed observations and notes.
- Report back to the Chair/CEO and Board with findings, conclusions and recommendations on the gaps identified, how to narrow or eliminate and a plan of interventions to help.
If you would like to find out more, or to book a consultation for your Board or Executive Team, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For information about the other services we provide, please click here